Run Beer Geek Run

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Gin Cake

That's right. Gin. And Cake. Gin sponge, gin syrup, gin icing - this is boozy baking at it's, well, booziest.

The idea for this bake was sparked by a Facebook comment from my lovely friend (and baking advisor) Nick.

Him: Have you got cake?
Me:  No. I may start getting a complex that you only like me for my baking.....
Him: Baking AND gin.

Hhmmm, there's an idea.  A little research bought up this recipe from How Sweet It Is which has had several rave reviews from cake type bloggers, and here it is, in all it's gin soaked glory.

The cake, which contains a 1/4 cup of gin (60ml)



The glaze, which contains 5 tablespoons of gin.

The icing, which contains 3 tablespoons of gin.

The verdict?  I am drunk on cake.  The house is smells beautifully of sweetness and juniper and I don't mind that the cat is licking gin filled icing off the kitchen floor.  Add a lovely sugar high and it's turning in to a brilliant night.

No comments:

Post a Comment