Run Beer Geek Run

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 7 January 2013

Some Resolutions

At the beginning of each year when other people are busy planning diets, exercise regimes, quitting smoking and polishing CV's I tend to bundle together a slightly more random group of plans for the year. These have varying degrees of success (last years included learning to make meringue - successful; having more manicures - questionable; and setting up a twitter account for FiFi the Fiat - fail).  This year I have decided to blog my progress as well as other projects and adventures which will probably translate as "things I have baked", "things I have drunk" and "places I have drunk them".

Resolutions 2013

Start a blog - here goes

Drink more beers - that's beers rather than beer, although the second could be a happy by-product of the first.


What? More?


Go to The Euston TapThe Craft Beer Co, a BrewDog bar, The White Horse and The Norwich Tap House - It's all in the name of research.  Honest.

Learn more about Spirits - in an alcoholic sense rather than the ghostly, otherworldly sense. 

Stop buying "plastic" bread - my lovely husband was kind enough to buy me a KitchenAid (christened Nellie) for Christmas so I now have no excuse for spending money on and consuming mass produced naff bread when I could be making and eating yummy home made bread.  This links nicely to.....


Me with beautiful Nellie
Master enriched doughs - following the success of last years "Master Meringues" project, next on the list are enriched doughs - brioche, buns, doughnuts, Danish pastries etc.

Appreciate my surroundings - I'm lucky enough to live in a beautiful part of the world where thousands of people flock every summer - this year I plan to make the most of it (and reduce day dreams of  Westermill Farm to a couple of hours a week).  This should be helped by....

Get out more - not in a get fit way, just in a get off your lazy arse, get out there and see how nice the world is kind of way.  This should also help to counteract the effect of the vast amount of bread products I will be consuming.




No comments:

Post a Comment